Skip to main content

Think About Using a Pen Name

Professional writers use pen names more often than most folks imagine. There is an up side to crafting material and putting a name other than your own in the byline. When looking into factors contributing to success, this one sticks out as a big one.
 
Some great examples to put out there are J. K. Rowlings and Stephen King. Surprisingly both these wealthy well known writers elected to use a pen name. Although the motives behind the decision are different for everyone, there are more than a few which are the same.

Swapping out the name given at birth for another is a personal decision. Take a look into the disadvantages as well as the advantages to transforming to another person on paper. Whether the choice is made in order to stand out or be noticed or even hide, it is not something to be taken lightly.  
For more than a few writers it turned into a positive factor in a career


Find out more about why certain professionals in the field find this to be a pro rather than a con.

Pros of using a pen name

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exerices for Better Fiction Writing

As a freelance writer making quality articles in great quantity is the key to success. This is also true for freelance writers with an interest in fiction. Fiction writing is slightly different from other types of writing, but it still has the mantra that the more you write the more money you will make. Therefore, tips and techniques that help these two come together for fiction writers are appreciated. This is where a lot of great writers have admiration for fiction writing exerices. These are several exercises for better fiction writing. http://thewritestuffpenandpaper.blogspot.com/2012/10/freelance-fiction-writing-exercises.html pic is courtesy of kozzi.com  

How to Make Twice as Much for Holiday Writing Projects

Freelance writers are always looking for ways to increase income. There are tons of opportunities, but finding the time to locate them is a daunting task. This a one of the few blogs that share these tidbits when they come our way. The ideas set forth for most of these are presented by the personal author of the website, blog or article. This is one shared by the Freelancer .com website. Follow this link for more info Double writing income during the holidays

Moving is something I love

Thanks for the guest post by Donn Schroeder Moving isn’t something that most people like to do for fun but  real estate is my business so I feel like I spend a lot of time packing boxes and calling moving companies to come in and move my stuff around. I sure do like the feeling when everything’s unpacked, though, and I get to make a place my own again! I found my most recent place in the winter last year when home prices are particularly low and I bought for a great price so I’ve had a lot of money to make upgrades and such. I painted all the rooms professionally and I went to http://ExpertSatellite.com  to see about satellite which has made living here a lot more fun at least! I don’t really want to sell it but I know I have to when the market turns around because that’s how I make my money but who knows, maybe I’ll get to stay in this little bungalow for a few years to come…wouldn’t that be the nicest thing ever!